How do I take care of my braces and teeth?
Is my Orthodontist near me?
Yes, we are here to serve you and the surrounding communities in Sherman Oaks.
Why Choose us?
- Is the doctor a Specialist in Orthodontics (or a general dentist)? (Has the doctor had 3 additional years of specialist training?) Dr. Lim is a Specialist with 4 Dental-Related Degrees from USC.
- Is the doctor Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics? Dr. Lim is.
- Did the Doctor graduate at the top of their Dental Class? Dr. Lim graduated #1 in his class, and was inducted into the OKU Dental Fraternity.
- Does the office offer the NEWEST iTero Digital Impressions (instead of old-fashioned impressions)? Dr. Lim offers the NEWEST iTero “Element” Digital Scans for more accuracy and efficiency. Ask for the “Element”.
- Do they offer fun televisions on the ceilings to enjoy? Dr. Lim’s office does.
- Does the doctor use bonded brackets as much as possible rather than using spacers and “old fashioned” bands that are uncomfortable? Dr. Lim does.
- Does the doctor use functional appliances to correct skeletal problems? Dr. Lim does.
- Does the doctor use “space age” wires for improved comfort and performance? Dr. Lim does.
- Does the doctor remove braces in less than 24 months on 90% or more patients in the practice? Dr. Lim does.
- Does the quoted fee include records? We include the records here. We use Digital x-rays which produce less radiation than Analog x-rays.
- Does the quoted fee include retainers? We include the retainers here.
- Does the practice charge for emergency appointments? No, we do not.
- Does the practice offer flexible financing? Yes, we do.
- Does the office offer complimentary parking? Yes, we do. Paying for parking for every visit can add up. We offer free parking.
Questions and Answers (Q&A) about Dr. Roger Lim
Where did you go to obtain your education?
University of Southern California (Orthodontic Specialist Degree 2001),
University of Southern California (Master of Science in Craniofacial Biology 2001),
University of Southern California (Doctor of Dental Surgery 1998),
University of Southern California (Bachelor of Science in Dental Science 1998)
What forms of continuing education are you involved in?
Invisalign Study Groups (attendee and presenter of Invisalign cases),
American Association of Orthodontics Continuing Education Courses,
University of Southern California Volunteer Mobile Dental Clinic (to underserved communities in California and Mexico),
Teaching Assistant (University of Southern California School of Dentistry)
How will your continuing education benefit your patients? Why do you choose to participate in continuing education?
Dr. Lim graduated at the top of his class from the USC School of Dentistry. He received over 10 merit-based scholarships. He was also chosen to provide sports guard for USC athletes. Dr. Lim volunteered free dental care for underprivileged children in Mexico with the USC Mobile Dental Clinic.
What professional organizations are you a member of?
Dr. Lim is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, California State Society of Orthodontists, as well as having memberships in the American Dental Association, California Dental Association, San Gabriel Valley Dental Society, and Omnicron Kappa Epsilon (for outstanding academic achievement).
What are you most passionate about professionally? What excites you the most about your work?
Dr. Lim has been trained in the newest technologies, and is equipped to deliver the state-of-the-art orthodontic care. He is very excited to provide the newest technologies including Digital Impressions using the newest Invisalign itero element 3D Scanner. In fact, he has TWO of the itero element scanners to make the process more comfortable and efficient for his patients. He also uses 3D printed appliances daily. His 3D printer makes patient care accurate and precise.
What do you love about working with your patients?
Dr. Lim loves orthodontics because he enjoys watching beautiful smiles develop. He sees orthodontics as art. Everyone is a beautiful picture just waiting to be developed.
How long have you been practicing? Why did you choose to join the oral healthcare field?
Dr. Lim was accepted into dental school while he was still in high school. He has been a dentist for over 20 years since 1998. He choose the profession because he feels it is the most well-rounded profession with aspects of science, technology, art, psychology, and management.
Tell us about your team and what makes them so exceptional!
Dr. Lim's team strives to treat everyone as a VIP (Very Important Person). Our goal is to give you- our VIP- a beautiful and healthy smile. We strive to communicate using modern technologies including text messaging. Our newest phone systems pull up your patient chart automatically and it allow us to two-way text message you live. Our patients rave about how they love receiving text message reminders.
Where did you grow up?
Los Angeles, California
Where do you live now and how long have you been there?
Sherman Oaks since 2001
Tell us about your family!
Dr. Roger Lim is married to Dr. Michelle To. Their teenage son is Brandon. Their activities revolve around their son Brandon's activities including soccer, skiing, and traveling. Their favorite place to ski is at Whistler-Blackcomb in Canada.
Where can we find you when you're not working? What are your favorite ways to spend your free time?
Dr. Lim enjoys traveling around the world to experience other cultures and foods.
When in Rome, live as the Romans do. He has traveled to Europe (Italy, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Greece, England, France, Holland, Belgium, Austria, and other countries). In Asia, he has been to China, Singapore, and Indonesia.
What are you passionate about outside of work?
Dr. Lim enjoys traveling. In the United States, he has traveled to Honolulu (Hawaii), San Francisco (California), Seattle (Washington), Las Vegas (Nevada), Phoenix and Tucson (Arizona), New York City (New York), Boston (Massachusetts), and Houston (Texas). He has seen lava and volcanoes, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Sonic Tower, the Grand Canyon, Times Square, Niagara Falls, the home of Paul Revere, and the Astrodome Sports Arena.
Are you involved in any community programs, volunteer activities, or nonprofits? Why is being active in your community important to you?
Dr. Lim is actively involved in sponsoring and donating to local schools, little leagues, softball leagues, cheerleading teams, silent auctions, churches, and community events. We have collected over four TONS of candy from our local community for the troops abroad. We live in our community of Sherman Oaks, so we enjoy being actively involved with the community we call home.
Dr. Lim is proud to be an orthodontist. The profession brings joy to Dr. Lim to see a person's smile develop into a beautiful and healthy work of art.